eingefügt am 11.1.03
in Venezuela :
to my records and prof. Miguel Castillo Didier's investigations, they were
imported in the 1950's by the music shop "Ecclesia CA" (Later: "Musikalia").
Walcker Organs are:
Opus 3108 (built 1953), Santa Ines Cathedral,
Cumana, (Sucre State). UNIT-System with solenoid operated cone-pallet action, 26
stops derived from four ranks (Open Diapason, Stopped Flute, Salizional, Mixture
III). Functioned in 1980 when prof. Miguel Castillo Didier made its cataloguing.
Opus 3112 (built 1953) San Nicolas de Bari,
Porlamar, Margarita Island (Nueva Esparta State). Exactly the same model as Opus
3108. Heavily damaged by several unsuccesful repair attempts.
Opus 3173 (built 1953) Nuestra Señora de
Guadalupe Parish church, Caracas. UNIT-System with solenoid operated cone-pallet
action, 28 stops derived from five ranks (Open Diapason, Stopped flute, Gamba,
Mixture III and reeds). Repaired by Andres Gunther in April 1986. Actually
damaged beyond repair by termites.
Opus 3419 (built 1955), Rio Caribe, (Sucre
State). Five stops; five ranks, pneumatic tracker system. Specification: Gedakt
8', Salizional 8', Rorhflöte 4', Prinzipal 4', Nachthorn 2'. Damaged beyond
repair 1957 by roof leak / Church renovation, later on vandalism. Most of
pipework was stolen.
Opus 3522 (built 1956), Priest Seminar IUSI,
Caracas. 13 stops, 13 ranks, elektropneumatic tracker system. Rebuilt by Andres
Gunther 1988-89, actually in good condition. (See description on technical
Opus ? (built 1958), Nuestra Señora de la
Regla (Tovar, Merida State). Same model as Opus 3173. Abandoned due to
Castillo Didier, Caracas y el Instrumento rey (CONAC-ILVES 1979)
Castillo Didier, Venezuela y el Instrumento Rey (CONAC-ILVES 1983)
Andres Gunther, workshop records (unpublished).
OF THE INTERDIOCESAN PRIEST SEMINAR (IUSI)
History and description:
This organ was
built in 1956 by Walcker in Germany, and installed in the chapel of the Seminar
by the seminarians Bernhard Postmeyer and José Shettino.
The organ has 13
stops, and a german style electropneumatic action. Its facade is made of
Salicional and Principal 8' pipes and fake pipes; has no framing, and a fake
positive facade is installed at the choir rail.
beginning this instrument presented serious inconveniences because it was not
well installed. Witness of this is a signature found inside the insrtrument,
which says: "Repaired in 1957 by Eugen Opitz."
The main body
with the pipework was too close to the external wall of the chapel, next to a
rosette. The sun hit the organ during most time of the day, and when several
glasses of the rosette broke, dust, humidity, rainwater and insects had free
access to the instrument for several years.
The motor and
main reservoir were installed at the church roof almost in the open, and
absorbed humidity, dust, garbage, and insects every time the organ was started.
The console was
installed beside the main altar, over 70 yards away from the pipework. This
resulted in serious response delay problems, which caused that the organ never
could be used seriously.
After a failed
repair attempt by non qualified persons in the mid-1970s the organ remained
partially disassembled and was abandoned for almost ten years. The (cardboard)
wind channels were broken; the reservoirs had leaks, the pipework had been
damaged in several places by the workers who remodelled the chapel in 1987.
There was a lot of garbage inside the instrument, and a thick dust layer covered
TECHNICAL REPORT OF THE GENRAL REPAIR OF THE
1988 - July 1989)
fact that this instrument could be repaired at all speaks for the quality of
first, I put as conditio sine qua non
to undertake a restoration of this organ that the console had to be relocated in
the choir, beside the instrument.
organ had to be disassembled. The works I carried out were, in detail:
General overhaul of trackers and windchests.
Reconstruction of the electropneumatic swell
box shutter motor.
Move the main body of the organ 50 centimeters
Manufacture a swellbox roof and closing
pannels in the rear part of the organ.
Overhaul of the blower.
Manufacture a baffle box for the blower.
After a complete overhaul of the blower, it
was reinstalled in the choir room at a side of the organ.
Reconstruction of the reservoirs.
Manufacture a new main reservoir (the original
one was damaged beyond repair).
Install new wind channels (PVC pipes).
Install a new 120VAC / 14VDC "Traktus"
Repair the electric system of the console.
Install new wiring and pneumatic conduits.
Clean and repair the whole pipework and
replace damaged or lost small pipes.
Treat some wooden parts affected by termites.
Paint the facade pipes.
Refinish the case and woodwork.
Assemble the whole instrument, adjust the
trackers and tune.
also gave the re-inauguracion recital on July 5th 1989.
REPAIRS I MADE AFTER 1989:
Major repair of the blower (motor rewinding
and axle rectification; the blower motor burnt out by negligence)
Cleaning, and retouch of tuning and tracker
Releathering of the pneumatic stop action
Substitution of pneumatic pouches at the swell
Maintenance (cleaning, tuning, adjustments)